Many people have trouble finding happiness in life. I believe we all have the power within us to change the way we feel. One of the best ways to start changing the way we feel, immediately, is with positive thoughts and a little motivation. Become HUGE! We’ve taken 25 ways to motivate yourself to the next level. We added a few more for you, just for good measure. Here are a whopping 87 ways to motivate yourself, that any one of us can start doing today. Once we start to motivate ourselves, even just a little bit, it creates a snowball effect. Little becomes big and big becomes huge.
25 Ways To Motivate Yourself + 62 More 😉
- Repeat positive quotes
- The urge to change the world
- Join a support group
- Prove to the naysayers
- Consider the alternative
- Create momentum
- Remember (and learn from) your mistakes
- Keep score
- The best way to predict the future is to go out and create it.
- Make a deal with yourself
- Act like it
- See the larger goal.
(sometimes we get caught up in “make money” – but WHY make money?)
- Do the most difficult or less desirable task first
- Compare yourself with yourself, not with others
- Have Fun
- Get out of your comfort zone
- Do a little research
- Write down your goals
- Change negative thoughts to positive
- Break down your impending progress
- Find out what makes you happy and do that!
- Make each day count. Don’t focus on tomorrow. Focus on the day at hand
- Create good habits
- Do something small it will lead to something big
(Ever dread having to clean, then end up cleaning for hours?)
- Remind yourself of “why”. Why did you begin this?
- 5 minutes at a time
- Move around (GET UP & DANCE!)
- Reach the next step
- Get a partner
- Plan your next day to help finish todays tasks
- Read books
- Develop a mantra
- Build on success
- Search for meaning (where can you make an impact?)
- Sit alone, Yoga, Meditate
- Clean up your environment. Cluttered desk is a no no
- Don’t care what others think
- Ask yourself questions. What is good in my life? What can I improve on?
- Break down into tiny steps
- Do it wrong/bad and have a laugh at it
- Arrive at work early and in a good mood
- Visualize how you will feel when you reach your goal
- Find inspiration. Who is your idol?
- Create time pressure
- Take time off
- Create routine
- Place a bet
- Take a step back. Reevaluate
- Take a break
- Failure is GOOD! That’s One Step Closer to the Goal
(Hey thats Impending Perfections slogan!)
- Advertise to yourself. What would get you interested or involved?
- Be Silly!
- Find people of same interest to cheer you on
- Observe successful people
- Don’t try to be perfect
- Do something you haven’t done in a long time
- Rearrange your workplace
- Listen to motivational music
- Call a friend
- Motivate someone else
- Talk to someone about your passion. Get feedback.
- Do something unexpected of yourself that you always wanted to do. (tattoo, blue hair, nose ring)
- Let go of the past
- Get up and stretch
- Write with a pen and pad, not keyboard and screen
- Make a commitment (if you know you’ll procrastinate)
- Set a time to think in a place which sparks creativity
- Close the open loops. The ones sucking energy even if they’re not most important
- Just start doing SOMETHING
- Get a pet
- Get to bed early and wake up early
- Watch a motivational movie or video (Think “Rocky” or “It’s a Wonderful Life”)
- Donate your time or money to a needy cause
(You’ll be amazed how much you gain, while helping others)
- Call an old friend you haven’t spoken to in a long time. It will spark nostalgia and make you young at heart again!
- Take a 30 minute brisk walk alone, and think about your goals and dreams
- Skip TV one night a week and dedicate that time to your goals.
You’ll start watching less & less 🙂
- Surround yourself with people of similar interests
- Stop watching depressing video (i.e.: The news)
- Learn a new skill (musical instrument, painting, sing!)
- Call your Mother!
The next time you start to ask yourself, What is happiness in life, remember that the beginning of something great, starts with a little motivation. Try one or all of these
25 87 ways to motivate yourself!
Wealthy Affiliate motivated me to build a successful online business.